White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Truffles
White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Truffles perfectly fit for summer- a tasty no bake dessert which simply melts in your mouth.
- 8 oz. white chocolate-chopped into small pieces
- 5 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoon heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Orange(or red and yellow) food coloring-optional
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a small sauce pan melt butter, add heavy cream and stir to combine, then stir in salt, orange extract and food coloring and stir again to combine, set aside.
- Over a double boiler melt chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. DO NOT over heat the chocolate!!! It takes some time to melt completely, but do not heat above 105F (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body), or the chocolate will separate and be unusable.
- Gently stir in lukewarm butter and heavy cream mixture into melted chocolate. NOTES: Butter and heavy cream mixture should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate before you combine them.
- Cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or until firm enough to roll the balls).While it’s cooling, you can take it from the fridge, stir with a fork, cover again with plastic wrap and place back into the fridge.
- With a small spoon or a melon baller scoop out the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls. You can dust your hands with powdered sugar or if it’s too sticky drop a spoon of mixture into powder sugar (it makes it much easier to roll into a ball) then roll it again in the sugar when the ball is formed.
- Roll each balls into powdered sugar to coat them well.
- Store in the fridge in airtight container up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage.
Thank you to @OhMyGoodnessChocolateDesserts for the amazing recipe!